Thursday 5 February 2009

The Refreshing, Post 13...

13.

I don’t know why I opted to make this record of our last few days, but I know it felt right to have done so as I watched my apartment being swallowed by the cloud. I suppose it is my way of accepting it, dealing with the initially uncertain, eventually inevitable outcome without giving into hysteria and breaking down completely. Truthfully speaking, I’m terrified, but I refuse to let my fear ruin the last minutes of my life, or detract from my memories of everything that has happened in my life up until now.
But it is beautiful.
Since the cloud appeared, I have looked at it and thought about how breathtaking it is. Even when I knew what was up above it, and what was happening, it was still beautiful. Perhaps more so; it seemed so much more peaceful. How can something that seems so pure and, well, refreshing be all that bad?
The fires from the riots are all out now, extinguished by the cloud, and soon the people who are still fighting will be refreshed too, which I can only see as positive.
What do I do with this document? Having thought about writing it, I have no idea where to go from here. If I keep it with me will it be refreshed as I will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment